Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Sad First Day

Yesss. Today was my first day of school as a university student. It was one sad 'first day of school'. My class was at 9am and too bad I didn't get any sleep. I didn't sleep at all! I filled myself with coffee so that I could stay awake but the effect wasn't long lasting. My head started to ache in the middle of our English lecture. It was BORING. I met new faces. VERY new faces. They were all from different schools and I was the only one who came from UNOR.

There were two girls whom I talked to. They were friendly, I guess. But then I told myself that I couldn't be 'friends' with them. I could see that they were already contented being together (just the two of them). I tried to talk to the others but they were like "Yes. Ah. Ikaw ya. Ah. Okay.." then they didn't talk to me again . It was really awkward. I knew NO ONE.

There was a short activity during English class--it was to give your name then an adjective.

I am Phoebe. I am dorky.

That was my sentence. Everyone in our group had difficulties pronouncing my name and the adjective .

You are Febie. You are derky.

I kept giving them corrections on how to pronounce them properly...especially dorky not derky . But it's okay...I understood.

But I still had no permanent friends . Maybe because it's my first day so it's a bit awkward...or almost really awkward. But I envy those people who get to have friends easily . I looked weird on my get up (posting a pic later). I sounded strange especially during the derky thing and the "Do you like Kpop?" or the "Do you blog?" questions. I really don't know how to get along with people my age. Sheesh .

My heart was beating really fast and I wanted to cry because I was all alone . I kept hugging my bag like a little girl who was very lonely . I tried to smile but everyone was so dot dot dot .

In our Filipino class every girl was reciting when our teacher asked about "Wika". Well, you know me don't you? I don't do those recitation things . They thought I was Korean so they didn't talk to me. It was good that they thought I was Korean but it was sad to think that they didn't even want to talk to me !!!

Sorry for emoting so much, blog . This is the only way I could pour out my feelings. Heee.

I'm gonna sleep now. Thanks for listening. You could comment and share your feelings too. =(

4 comments:

Ceedee said...

aww. honey. its okay! everything would be fine soon. its natural to feel lonely and scared at first days. maybe in a couple of weeks youll get the hang of it and actually hve fun.

my first day in college is sad too, though i know some people already. i still cant help but cry. i cried for a week i guess. but then again im a crybaby.. and weird.

basta. be strong. and smile. that will make people around you see that you are actually fun to be with :)

.thequeens said...

aww, don't be sad! cheer up for your first day! :D try to make a new friend ^^

Anonymous said...

nah~ it's okay:D it's only your 1st day you'll make friends sooner or later^O^ anyway do you belong on a block section? coz' if you are then chances are high since you're always together with your classmates^_^ Though I made friends faster today (my 1st day in college too) that's because I was with some of my old classmates so I was a bit confident, don't worry that's pretty normal esp~ when you don't have someone with you:D all I can suggest for you is always smile when approaching them & have that friendly aura in yours^O^

Anonymous said...

i have nothing to comment but then i could like to say ur blog is awesome